Call Us Now To Get Your Case Reviewed (305) 907-6151

MON – FRI (8am - 6pm)

Solutions For Immigrants In Need Of Humanitarian Relief

Everyone has their own reasons for immigrating to the United States, but some situations are so urgent that you cannot wait to immigrate through traditional channels. If your life is endangered in your home country, you are the victim of a crime, or you meet other specific circumstances, you may be permitted to stay in the United States—either temporarily or permanently—for humanitarian reasons.


Asylum is an option provided to those who are at serious risk of persecution in their home country. Those who have been persecuted in the past in their home country can also seek asylum in the United States.  If you are in danger in your home country, whether due to a political situation, religious reasons, ethnic conflict, membership in a particular social group, or any number of other reasons, you may have the right to come to the United States and apply for asylum.  If you are already in the country (either legally or illegally), you can also request asylum to ensure you are able to remain here without any problems. Whenever petitioning for asylum, it is important to ensure everything is handled correctly to avoid any type of legal problems that could put your status in jeopardy.  You can apply for asylum regardless of how long you have been in the United States; however, if you apply for asylum more than one (1) year after being in the United States you must show a reason for the delay in filing.

Temporary Protected Status

If your home country is engulfed in an emergency situation, you may qualify for Temporary Protected Status, commonly known as “TPS.”  Emergency situations include civil unrest, war, and natural disasters. This is generally a temporary measure, although extensions are sometimes possible.

Currently, citizens of the following countries are eligible for TPS:

  • El Salvador
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Nepal
  • Nicaragua
  • Somalia
  • Sudan
  • South Sudan
  • Syria
  • Yemen

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status

Children are often the most vulnerable during the immigration process, which is why the SIJS visa exists. Children and juveniles may apply for an SIJS visa if they were abandoned, neglected, or abused in their home country.


DACA, which stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, is a temporary program that allows people who were brought to the United States unlawfully as children to stay in the country, work, and go to school.

Humanitarian Relief For Crime Victims

U visasT visas, and VAWA all provide options for those who have been victimized by crime.  Other options may also be available, depending on your specific situation.

No matter what situation you find yourself in, the team at Serving Immigrants Inc. is dedicated to finding the best option for you. We understand the fear you feel at the prospect of returning to your home country, and we are ready to help you explore every possible option.  Reach out to us now to get started.

Call Us To Get Your Case Reviewed - Serving Immigrants

Attorney Magdalena Cuprys is a seasoned immigration lawyer based in Orlando and Coral Gables, Florida. With three languages under her belt and years of legal experience working with immigrants of all kinds, she brings considerable experience and insight to the field and works hard to explain immigration concepts, empower future citizens, and keep current and prospective immigrants up to date on US immigration law.

Connect with her firm, Serving Immigrants, to stay updated on the latest developments in United States immigration law and gain valuable insights needed to navigate the challenging legal landscape of immigration in Florida. Call Us Now To Get Your Case Reviewed (305) 907-6151

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U