Call Us Now To Get Your Case Reviewed (305) 924-1133

MON – FRI (8am - 6pm)

  • By: Serving Immigrants
  • Published: May 22, 2020
A close up of a passport - Serving Immigrants

The United States has always been an important destination for artists around the world and the United States has always been welcoming. From amateurs to professionals, artists and performers are eager to show off their skill to American audiences. P visas are available for artists and performers who wish to show off their talents in the United States.

P-1 Visa

The P-1 visa is available for artists who will be performing as part of a group project. This type of visa is generally not available for individual artists. The group must be recognized internationally as outstanding for a sustained and substantial amount of time. Along with the artists and performers, support personnel who are essential to the performance may also obtain a visa. They must perform support services that cannot be readily performed by a US worker.

For the artists’ group to be eligible, at least 75% of the group must have had a substantial and sustained relationship with the group for at least one year. The group must also be internationally recognized. This means the group must have a high level of achievement evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above the average. The reputation of the group itself, and not an individual artist, must be internationally recognized.

P-1 visas are good for one (1) year or until the performance is complete, whichever is shorter. Extensions of stay may be granted for one (1) year or until the performance has been completed.

P-2 Visas

P-2 visas are available for artists and performers who are coming to the United States to perform as part of a reciprocal exchange program. Applicants can be individuals or part of a group. The exchange program must be between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country. Essential support personnel who are integral to the performance may also obtain a visa.

The visa applicant must possess skills comparable to the US artists and performers participating in the exchange program. The sponsoring organization in the United States must file the visa petition.

Contact An Experienced P Visa Attorney

If you are interested in applying for a P visa, you should consider consulting with an experienced visa attorney. At Serving Immigrants, Inc., we have the experience and the knowledge to guide you through the application process. Contact us online or call us at (305) 907-6151 to schedule a strategy session.

Image of Attorney Magdalena Cuprys, Esq with 4.7 start reviews

Attorney Magdalena Cuprys is a seasoned immigration lawyer based in Orlando and Coral Gables, Florida. With three languages under her belt and years of legal experience working with immigrants of all kinds, she brings considerable experience and insight to the field and works hard to explain immigration concepts, empower future citizens, and keep current and prospective immigrants up to date on US immigration law.

Connect with her firm, Serving Immigrants, to stay updated on the latest developments in United States immigration law and gain valuable insights needed to navigate the challenging legal landscape of immigration in Florida. 

Call Us Now To Get Your Case Reviewed (305) 924-1133

Text Us