Call Us Now To Get Your Case Reviewed (305) 907-6151

MON – FRI (8am - 6pm)

  • By: Christine Limongello
  • Published: July 16, 2021
A child holding a flag - Serving Immigrants

When you submit a DACA application, you must include evidence demonstrating that you are eligible. The documents you need may vary based on your personal background. Some documents that you will need include:

Proof Of Your Identity

In order to prove your identity, you must submit one of the following:

  • Birth certificate with photo identification.
  • Passport or I.D. from your country of origin
  • School I.D. with photo
  • Military I.D. with photo
  • Any U.S. immigration document with your photo on it

Proof You Came To The United States Before Your 16th Birthday

In order to be eligible for DACA, you must show that you came to the U.S. before your 16th birthday. The documents you use to establish this should be dated and have been obtained in the United States. Examples of some documents you can use include:

  • Hospital or medical records
  • Passport with admission stamp
  • School records from the U.S. schools you have attended
  • Any INS or DHS document showing your date of entry
  • Travel records

Proof Of Continuous Presence Since June 15, 2007, And That You Were Present In The U.s. On June 15, 2012

You must establish that you have been present in the United States since June 15, 2007. You don’t necessarily need proof for every single day, but at least for every few months. You must establish that you were present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012. Some documents you may use include:

  • Rent receipts, utility, and cell phone bills
  • Employment records
  • School records
  • Military records
  • Dated bank transactions
  • Passport entries
  • Medical records
  • Records from a religious institution

Proof Of Expired Immigration Status

You must establish that you had no lawful immigration status on June 15, 2012. If you entered with no status to begin with, then you don’t need any documentation. Otherwise, you should include documents such as:

  • Final order of exclusion, deportation, or removal
  • A charging document placing you into removal proceedings

Proof Of Your Criminal Record

If you’ve ever had contact with law enforcement, you need to establish why. You may want to speak with an experienced attorney to determine if your criminal record will impact your application. If you’ve never had contact, then you don’t need any documentation. Some documentation you may need includes:

  • Copies of police reports
  • Court records
  • Copies of any tickets you received

Proof Of Your Student Status

You must establish that you were a student or in the military at the time you made your DACA application. Documents you may need include:

  • School records showing the name of the school and periods of school attendance
  • S. high school diploma or certificate of completion
  • S. GED certificate
  • Military records

It is helpful to speak with an immigration attorney who can make sure you’re putting together all of the documents you need in order to be successful.

Contact An Immigration Attorney

If you’re considering applying for DACA, you should consult with an experienced immigration attorney. At Serving Immigrants, we have the experience and knowledge to help you with your immigration needs. Contact us online or call us at 305-907-6151 to schedule a consultation.

Call Us To Get Your Case Reviewed - Serving Immigrants

Attorney Magdalena Cuprys is a seasoned immigration lawyer based in Orlando and Coral Gables, Florida. With three languages under her belt and years of legal experience working with immigrants of all kinds, she brings considerable experience and insight to the field and works hard to explain immigration concepts, empower future citizens, and keep current and prospective immigrants up to date on US immigration law.

Connect with her firm, Serving Immigrants, to stay updated on the latest developments in United States immigration law and gain valuable insights needed to navigate the challenging legal landscape of immigration in Florida. Call Us Now To Get Your Case Reviewed (305) 907-6151

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U